Sunday, April 23, 2017

SOCIAL MEDIA ADS - How are they doing?


I can remember starting out with my first social media ads with my eyes as big as saucers as I had just completed a course to tell me “how easy it was” to make money through Facebook ads. Full of anticipation I collected the images I thought would be fine and did my first campaign NOTHING a big fat zero as I could see my dollars being whittled away and no sales filling my bank account.
What was I doing wrong I followed the steps I was shown or was I? There were a couple of things that I was not doing and that is tracking and split testing, which today I now know are a must to do.
Once I learnt this I applied it to another campaign and I did not know that the ball game had changed again on Facebook and keeps changing regularly.
As a business there are many things happening within the algorithms on social media platforms.
This week alone there was a change to both Instagram (if you are not on this your business is missing out on leads) and Twitter.
Instagram has stopped 3rd party services being used on their site. This means tools that normally like, unlike, comment and follow have been banned as from 30 May.
Twitter is going through similar changes right now and FB is always changing!
As a business would you have known anything about these changes? Chances are probably not and this would either lead to you wasting money or having your account banned!
Local Businesses can target more clients through FB ads by targeting and re-targeting your clients. If you have ads disapproved for instance FB is cracking down on what your saying in your ads.
If your ads gets disapproved DELETE them do not try and fix them up this could lead to your account being shut down.
So you see social media you need to have experts that are across all the changes of what you can do and not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment